It’s such a special time of the year. My favourite holiday is Christmas, and that’s not exactly a secret! However, Nancy’s is Thanksgiving. But for all of us, it’s a time set aside to pull back from the routine of life and reflect on what we have to be grateful for. We actually don’t always celebrate Thanksgiving with the traditional trimmings (life here doesn’t stop to acknowledge the last Thursday in November!), however, when we do, we enjoy the tradition of going around the dinner table and allowing everyone an opportunity to praise God with a word of thankfulness. I am usually is tears by the time it gets around to me as I am moved by hearing how God is at work.
Nancy and I spent some time yesterday reflecting on 2015 and came up with our “top 10” praises (both family and ministry stuff). Here’s our list – but what about yours? As a way for us to celebrate the day with you in a personal way, we’d love to hear from you. Would you take a moment to reflect and send us a praise item or two? That way, we’ll feel part of your Thanksgiving Day too,
A Season of Gratitude – Top 10 (in no particular order)
- We have a new granddaughter, Maeve McComas, and we’ll get to meet her very soon!
- It’s been year of challenges in our church plant, Mountain View (Somerset West), however, God prevailed in grand fashion and we can see His hand in it from every side.
- In the midst of our trials, God brought us back to the basic message of the gospel and several people have come to faith in Jesus Christ in recent months.
- And this just in…Wade and Tara McComas’ financial support is at 100% and they are RSA bound — Praise God!
- Daughter number four, Morgan, said yes to her South African high school sweetheart and they are to be married in May, 2016. Another son added to the family!
- What an amazing thing to witness and be part of — the birth of a new church plant in Hermanus. It is an all-consuming and exhausting process, and yet an absolute joy!
- We are grateful that God has provided additional leadership to the church in Somerset West as they called a sweet and gifted family, Pastor Mark and Claudette Osborne.
- We thank God for best friend and ministry partner, Dave Drullinger, with whom we share our devotion to the Mission of God and each other.
- We are just as happy as ever after 35 years of marriage. Did I mention we have great kids and grandkids? We are thankful for you and our extended families.
- Last but not least – and I hope we say this often – we have the most amazing support system of any missionary in the world. Seriously, we believe that with all our hearts! We praise God for you! Thank you for another year of amazing support as we co-labor in the Great Commission.
What an awesome God we serve. Thank you, Jesus, for the joy of walking with You and getting to witness Your amazing love for us as your children.
Happy Thanksgiving! All our love, prayers and gratitude this day!